Offices and supervision of doctrine
Eligibility for the ministry
Only those shall be called to the office of minister of the Word who:
(1) have been declared eligible for call by the churches; or
(2) are already serving in the capacity in one of the churches; or
(3) have been declared eligible or are serving in one of the churches with which the Free Reformed Churches of Australia maintain a sister relationship. The churches shall observe the general ecclesiastical ordinances for the eligibility of those ministers who have served in these sister-churches.
B. Declared eligible
Only those shall be declared eligible for call within the churches who
(1) have passed a preparatory examination by the classis in which they live, which examination shall not take place unless those presenting themselves for it submit the necessary documents to prove that they are members in good standing of one of the churches and have successfully completed a course of study as required by the churches; or
(2) have satisfied the requirements of Article 8; or
(3) have satisfied the requirements of Article 9.