Offices of the Church
Legal Call to the Office
The call to an office shall be executed by the session as follows:
1. Prior to making nomination, the session shall ordinarily give the congregation an opportunity to place names in nomination.
2. From these names and/or nominations made by the session, twice the number to be elected shall ordinarily be presented to the congregation.
3. The names of those being presented by the session shall be announced to the congregation on two successive Lord's Days to allow for lawful objections.
4. After prayer the election by the congregation shall take place under supervision of the session.
5. The right to vote shall be limited to communicant members in good standing.